GAZEBO PLANS FREE – How To Build a Gazebo Fast and Cheap
Are you looking for free square gazebo plans? Homeowners with large backyards or gardens usually think about building a gazebo to increase the beauty of their garden and home. Gazebos are no longer limited to just the traditional shapes of hexagonal and octagonal.
Nowadays, gazebos are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and designs. A square gazebo is simple to build compared to other shapes and it is relatively easy to find free square gazebo plans and blueprints to help you plan, design and finally construct your own gazebo I your lawn, patio, backyard or garden.
Gazebos can be built using many different materials like metal, stone, vinyl, fiber glass. However, to get that authentic natural look, it is always preferable to build a wooden gazebo. This is the main reason why most of the DIY Gazebo plans available are nothing but wooden gazebo plans.
Square gazebo plans ? Why should I care about gazebo blueprints?
There are basically three ways in which you can get a gazebo built.
1. Buy a complete pre-built gazebo: Though this is the method which requires the least effort on your part, it is also the method which is the most costly. It can end up costing you many thousands of dollars! Also, many of the times it is difficult to find the perfectly right shape and size you had in mind. One size doesn’t really fit all.
2. Buy a gazebo kit: This is less expensive that directly buying gazebos for sale, however it can still cost you a few thousand dollars for the kit and the installation charges for the handyman. Here again, you will seldom, find the right design and size you need for your specific unique requirements.
3. Build a gazebo using gazebo building plans: This is by far the cheapest method for getting a gazebo built. It may take more efforts and time compared to the earlier two methods, however in this case you can get your very own customized gazebo built to meet your specific needs. If you are not too familiar with woodworking plans you can always consult an expert for figuring out the finer details during the course of this gazebo project.
It is easy to research and find free simple, easy to use diy square gazebo plans or plans for a gazebo once you know your exact needs.
Things to keep in mind before you start looking for gazebo building plans
Before you start searching for free gazebo plans or even paid ones for that matter, try o think about the following factors
- Location of construction: Strength of foundation, tilt of the ground, direction of natural sun light and shade
- Season of usage: Period of year you are most likely to use it
- Purpose of Gazebo: How am I going to use this gazebo? How many people are usually going to be in it?
Once you have a clear idea about you exact needs, you can then start looking for the gazebo plans which meet your needs.
Let us now take a look at some square gazebo plans
Wooden gazebo plans is what one needs when planning to build a gazebo using wood as materials. This could be a simple process if one is provided with the right materials and plans. There are also certain techniques that have to be applied when building a gazebo in order to make it sturdy and strong.
Gazebos are a structure that is usually built and placed on the front or back yard of the house to add to the aesthetics of the entire place. It can be used as a place in the house where the family will have barbeque during Sundays, or a place to entertain guests.
Designs for Wooden Gazebo Plans
For this article, what will be discussed is wooden gazebos. But there are actually a number of kinds or types of a gazebo. There are those that are traditional kinds and there are also those that are of more modernistic approach. Example of the former are the traditional gazebo that is turned into a lodge. This is the kind that can be used for relaxation, sun bathing or entertaining guests.
These days, though, there are a lot of more modernistic approach to building a gazebo. Examples are the rotating sphere-shaped gazebo, another is the gazebo that is also a sunroom. There is also a gazebo made with a jacuzzi. The most unique of all, though, is the one that is placed on a tree like a tree house.
What to Consider in Garden Gazebo Plans
When a person has a big enough front or back yard to create a garden, then it is also probably big enough to build a gazebo. But just like a lawn, garden, flowers and vines in the garden, building a gazebo should also be planned and built with some planning.
One of the things that a person should remember in creating a garden gazebo is the overall theme of the garden. Sure, gardens are filled with different plans, flowers, grass, shrubs, trees, etc. But they are supposed to be united by a single theme that will make everything look like a concert in nature.
Thus, if the theme of the garden has a modernistic approach, then a gazebo with pretty lights and couches would fit well. A spherical non-traditional glass gazebo will also be a good fit.
Preferred Patio Gazebo Plans
As the name implies, this type of gazebo is made to be placed in the patio. If this is what one wants, he has to make sure he has a patio big enough for it to accommodate a gazebo and still has space for other things.
There are different kinds of patio gazebo plans. But the most common and most preferred is that which is connected to the house but is created based on the same concept as an independent standing gazebo.
This patio gazebo will also look best when surrounded by plants and flowers. By surrounding the patio gazebo with plants and flowers, it will have the effect of being the highlight or the centerpiece of the patio. Inside the gazebo, there could also be a centerpiece, or a center round table where the family can eat together during weekends or holidays.
Different Gazebo Design Plans
There are many design plans for a gazebo that one can choose from. What one should choose is, of course, that which will go well with the entire look of the house and/or the garden or patio. When choosing a design, it would also be wise to consider the environment.
For places that always rain, a fully covered gazebo is a good choice. An example is the gazebo in the house of the Vontrap family in the film, The Sound of Music. If there are bugs or other flying insects in the area, then a screened gazebo is the better option. If the surroundings is a beautiful garden filled with trees and vines, a glass gazebo sunroom will be perfect. If one has kids begging for a tree house, might as well make a gazebo in the trees.
Looking for Gazebo Plans for Sale
There is probably not a need to point this out, but plans for gazebos may also be bought online. It is one thing to know what kind of gazebos one wants. It is another, though, to have a structural design for it.
In creating a gezebo, there is some architecture and engineering involved. It may seem simple – a roof supported by a number of pillars – but it is actually more complicated than that. Unless one wants his gazebo to its ruins with a slight wind or rain, then he may do it using his own design and effort.
Everything is now available online. And this includes gazebo plans. These plans may be purchased from those who have actual knowledge and expertise in building one.
Creating Outdoor Gazebo Plans
The first step in creating outdoor gazebo plans is to find an ideal spot where to build it. The main idea is to place it on an elevated area so that it will not gather water and will provide a good view from that point of view.
When the perfect spot is chosen, the next step is to plan the design. There are hundreds of designs available online. There are also those that are for sale. One may choose from any of those.
Before starting to build the outdoor gazebo, one has to find out first if he needs permit for what he is creating. This is important because if a permit is necessary and it was not acquired, the entire project may be scrapped and penalties may be collected.
Creating Some Gazebo Blueprints
For someone who does not know anything about the construction of a gazebo, asking for professional help or making a consultation is the way to go. Always require the professional hired to create a blueprint of the gazebo to make sure that everything is done properly and is well-documented in case the design has to be referred back to in the future.
Gazebo Plans – Most Popular
- Screened Gazebo Plans – Constructing A Better Gazebo Screened gazebo plans are well preferred construction plans across the country, whatever the prevailing season in that area is. Not only screens are more convenient and affordable, they can also serve multiple purposes that will suit almost all kinds of locations and backyard landscape. Whether it is to complement your garden landscape, accent a backyard…
- Oval Gazebo Plans – What You Need To Know Oval gazebo plans can and will definitely beautify your garden or backyard. Gazebos come in different sizes, designs, shapes and are no longer limited to the hexagonal and octagonal ones. It’s also no top-secret that oval gazebos are the easiest to find and assemble as compared to all the other shapes available. So if you…
- Octagon Gazebo Plans – Are They Right For You? Octagon Gazebo plans serve a dual purpose – aesthetics and function. It is a structure that adds to the beauty of a home. A house with a garden is a beautiful home. But a garden with a gazebo gives a more interesting look. Gazebos also serve some functional purpose. It makes a good place for…